Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's wrong with parents today (Blog #6)



This article is not at all what I expected from the title. The title “what’s the matter with kids today” would suggest some insight on teen troubles. That was not the case at all. Instead, she claims teens are just fine, when it comes to technology.  I found myself, almost angry while reading it, If not angry certainly uncomfortable. Is she actually expecting me to believe it is the fault of parents, or that the older generation has judged them unfairly? This article really made me second guess and take a harder look at my own beliefs on the matter. And the truth is it made me uncomfortable because there is a lot of truth in it. Sometimes my life as a parent of three is impossibly busy and my kids sometimes refer to electronic means for entertainment. It is, in fact my job to monitor that time and make sure it is productive. Truth is I fall short of that often. If I as a parent I stopped being so afraid of what technology might do to my children and spent more time guiding them to information that they need maybe they would make better choices. Food for thought!!!!     Never mind, kids are crazy and it is all their  fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment